Site Meter Site Meter

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Walgreens Trip - FREE + Money Maker of $3.54



Many of you have asked me about the couponing and saving $$ while shopping. This is my 1st post trying to explain, so please forgive me in advance if I make it confusing. Feel free to ask me ANY questions.

For those new to shopping at Walgreens, they have "free" items weekly or monthly. You can find them in the ads that come out in your Sunday paper or are in the store displays. You buy these items with out of pocket $$ and then earn "register rewards". The RR's you can use at Publix in Fairhope to reduce your out of pocket total at the register OR if your grocery store doesn't accept RR's, you can use them to reduce your out of pocket expenses on your NEXT Walgreen's trip. To use the RR's at Publix in Fairhope, if you have more than one, then must all be from a different manufacturer. The manufacturer is printed on the bottom of the RR. I am going to insert a picture so you'll see the Register Rewards also.

Here's what I purchased and any coupons I used:

(1) Dulcolax Balance $7 ($3 coupon attached to bottle in store - plus you earn $4 in register rewards - FREE after coupon and RR's)
(1) Fiber Choice 10 ct. $2.49 (earn $2.50 register rewards, makes this FREE)
(1) Super Polygrip Denture Adhesive $2 (earn $2 Register rewards, makes this FREE)
(1) Chap Stick Fresh Effects $2.99 (earn $3 Register rewards, makes this FREE)
(2) Trident Layers Gum sale 2 for $2 (earn $1 Register rewards, used internet coupon $1 off 2. Internet coupon available here:

Total Spent Out of Pocket $13.96
REGISTER REWARDS EARNED $12.50
THERE IS A $5 MAIL IN REBATE FOR THE DULCOLAX - It was also attached to the bottle - I will submit for that and then my total out of pocket spent -$3.54 so I made $$


You may ask - WHAT in the WORLD am I going to do with Poligrip, ChapStick (most of you know I'm the lip gloss queen), Fiber Choice, etc??? Well, I plan to donate any item that cannot be used by me or someone in my family/friend circle. Nursing homes, churches, battered womens shelters, orphanges, these places would ♥♥ to have your donations. So I made $$ and I've helped someone! I'm happy with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment